Wednesday, July 20, 2011

An Old Story 016

"Just five more minutes, five more..." She thought in her head. Probably everyone in class is.

"I want to see your 10000 word essay on my desk by tomorrow at 12 noon. Anyone that fails to do what I say fails this semester." Mr. Richard lectured the class of half-asleep students.

"Hey, wanna have lunch with me? I'll treat you." A stranger tries to hit on her.

She shook her head with an innocent smile. "I'm busy later." With that, she packed her bag and went to Mr. Richard's desk.

"Here is the essay, sir." The girl said as she passed a set of neatly written 10000 word essay to Mr. Richard.

"Thank you, Vivian." He smiled as the girl bid goodbye.

@@@@@ @@@@@

Outside, she took a big breathe of fresh air after being stuck in the small classroom for 3 hours.

"Vivian! Over here!" he waved at her.

She saw him and smiled brightly.

"Hey! So where are we going?" Vivian asked Jaegyu.

"Have you tried sitting in a gondola?" Jaegyu asked with a cheeky smile.

"No. But..." Before she could say anything, Jaegyu grabbed her wrist gently and told her to follow him.

He took her to a river, and led her onto one of the gondolas there.

"Jaegyu, is this safe? Will it topple over?" Vivian looked at the water and asked non-stop.

"Don't worry." He said and held her small, beautiful hands.

"I don't swim." She warned him.

"I do. I was a life guard when I was in high school." He assured her. She looked into his brown eyes.

Vivian lost all her nervousness and fear of the water even by looking at Jaegyu. Something about him lets her feel protected, not that she was in any danger.

The boat rowed for about 2 hours on the long peaceful river. Jaegyu and Vivian sat together enjoying the natural beauty. They had conversations on any subjects they had in common. It was a pleasant atmosphere.

Later, they went to a nearby restaurant to have lunch. They chatted again as they sip their cup of tea.

"I'm going back to Korea in 2 days." Jaegyu said with the least enthusiasm he has. He just got to know a bit about this girl. This girl that hypnotized him with her eyes. Yet, he has to go back home for his work.

Jaegyu tried to read the girl's expression. She had nothing on her face, not one single movement.

"I guess this means she doesn't have any interest in you huh?" He wondered to himself.

"I have something to tell you, Jaegyu." She looked into his eyes. She reached out her hand and held Jaegyu's.

"What is it? Vivian?" Jaegyu asked but his mind was still wondering if she likes him.

"I just signed up a program organised by Mr. Richard." She said smiling.

"And?" Jaegyu was curious what made Vivian so happy.

"It's a program to study abroad for 5 years. I signed up and got myself a place in Korea." She felt like jumping when she told Jaegyu.

"Really? Seriously?" He asked, eyes wide open. He wasn't just jumping inside, he was already rocketing!

She laughed and nodded.

"I'll be going there in a week. Could you pick me up at the airport?" She said while trying to act like a cute puppy with her eyes.

How could he say no to her? He said he'll be waiting there for her.

2 comments:

  1. OMY GOD!!!!!!!!!! omo! omo!omo!!! this is sooooo awesome...like seriously she's going to Korea!!! and This Jaegyu must be sooo lucky!!! i guess it's love at first sight!! Hahaha!!! It's funny the way you word it!!! He's not jumping but Rocketing!!!!! Hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post. schlüsseldienst ahlen

    ReplyDelete