Monday, December 19, 2011

Helen: Chapter 1

Mini Introduction: This story is a "side dish" from "Zoe". The characters are from "Zoe". I know "Zoe" is not completed yet... I just had this random idea one rainy afternoon...

@@

I gave him up before he even had a chance

"We're over. Goodbye."

She left him.

It was winter, just two days before Christmas.

@@

"Helen, thank god you're home." Her mother hugged her, saying that there will be a blizzard soon.

"I'm tired. I'll be upstairs." She said and went to her bedroom, locking the door quietly.

Lying on the floor, she wondered if she had made the right choice. Her vision blurred, tears falling down as she replayed the scene in her mind until she drifted to sleep.

"Why did you want to meet me here? Let's go to the park there later." He was smiling so radiantly. They were in a coffee shop, there was no one else around except the only waiter at the counter at the far end.

"I'm sorry. We can't meet each other again." She said with no emotions.

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" He asked pouting.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I just want a break up." She said coldly. He saw it in her eyes that she was serious. Her words pierced his heart.

"Please tell me that this is just a joke? I don't want us to break up." He pleaded her, holding her hands.

"I'm not going to see you anymore. We're over. Goodbye."

@@

Helen's phone vibrated, making her wake up.

"ABC"

It was him.

She pressed the ignore button.

There were 10 messages, all from him.

She deleted every one of them and turned off the phone.

@@

"Hey! What are you doing standing there? Come on! Let's go!" Zoe pulled Helen by the arm as they rushed to the school hall.

"Everyone, Shhhh... small meeting!" Ma'am Julia gathered the students.

"You guys have practiced so much and today is the performance! Remember... have fun!" They all cheered.

"Now, go dress up and get ready!" She shoved the students, "Hurry up!"

Helen peeked through the stage curtains. She saw her seniors and classmates seated comfortably, hands holding a brochures about the Christmas performance.

Far away, at the last row of seats, she saw him.

No comments:

Post a Comment