Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A little more special

 I’m trying my luck today.
My friends think I’m crazy
But it just feels so right
Why don’t I give it a shot?
It’s worth a try
Rite?
It’s okay if I don’t succeed
It’s not like it’s the end of the world
There are so many possibilities
My friends said that it’s not worth my time
But since it’s today
Why don’t I try?

This morning
I wore the dress I had bought just for today
It took me a few hours
Just to look for that perfect dress
I really took my time
Brushing my hair
I thought of how special today is
I felt so nervous
But it’s normal
For not many would try it

I went to school as usual
Except that I was holding a small white box
With a dark blue bow on the top

I walked through the corridors
There were only a few students
I was always early

Passing by each class
Thousands of questions raced through my mind

Will I feel regret?
Were my friends… right?
Was it all a waste of time?

My heart raced as I neared my classroom

As I reached the door
I took a deep breath
Using all the courage in me
I walked into the classroom
There was only one person
Sitting at the desk like usual
Reading the book like usual

I walked up to that person

Hey, you look beautiful today
He greeted with a smile

And I’m ugly on the other days?
I smirked

Oops. I didn’t mean that you know
He apologized immediately
His face was a sight of panicked

I couldn’t help myself but to laugh

Hey, what’s that there?
He asked about the little white box

Hmm… do you want to guess?
I teased him once again

Wait, is that your plan?
He wondered if it was the plan that was not worth it
He had been nagging at me after I told him my plan
Opposing my crazy behavior
Saying it was not worth it

I nodded furiously

So, are you going to tell me who are you going to give it to?
He asked once again, for the hundredth time

No
I simply answered him

Then, can I at least ask when are you going to give this to that special someone?

I shook my head

Standing in front of him
The desk between us
I placed the little white box in front of him

This is for you
I said and quickly ran behind him
A few desks away
And sat at my own desk
Reading away like what I always do every morning

1 comment: