Monday, September 3, 2012

Meeting 'The New Family' (2)

"Oppa!" Jimin ran out of the kitchen. Her reaction surprised Hyesun. Hyesun went to see who it was, keeping a little distance since she don't want to be such a busybody.

"Hey! My princess, had your lunch?" It was a deep voice... like Yoohwan's. In fact, the guy looks like Yoohwan too...

"Yes! Oppa, have you had yours?"

"I skipped. Hehehe..." He scratched his head and gave a goofy laugh.

"I've made a cake. Come try it!" Jimin said excitedly, pulling the guy's arm.

"Is it nice?"

"Yeah! Hyesun unnie said so!"

"Hyesun?" The guy had a big question mark on his head.

"Oops, I forgot. She's the student from SNU..."

"Her?" The guy pointed to Hyesun who was still standing at the kitchen doorway.

"Hello. Nice to meet you." Hyesun greeted, a little embarrassed.

"He's my OLDest brother. Yoochun oppa." Jimin emphasizing the words "old".

"I'm Micky Yoochun. Why do you have to emphasize old?" Yoochun introduced himself then carried his sister bridal style. Jimin tried to resist but she was just too light.

"Let's go try your cake. Hyesun, want a cup of cappuccino?" Yoochun asked as he neared the kitchen.

Hyesun nodded while Jimin was still struggling to get Yoochun to put her down.

@@

"Duuu.... Duuu... Duuu..." Hyesun waited for the phone. It was already 8pm.

"Hello?" A lady answered it.

"Hello mummy." Hyesun said as a smile formed on her face. Yeah, it's only been like half a day, but she love hearing her mother's voice.

"Hyesun! Why didn't you call when you arrive? You should have called hours ago! Have you had your dinner? And how is the place?"

" Something came up hahaha... I've had dinner, rice cakes and dumplings mainly. And dessert too, prune cake. The room's nice and cozy. I'm getting used to it already." Hyesun said cheekily.

"Just out of the house for one day and you're already so proud?" Her mother faked a sigh.

"Mom, I was just kidding." Hyesun pouted.

"I know my daughter, okay? Anyway, why didn't you call earlier?" Her mother asked again.

"Emm traffic?" Hyesun lied. She decided to tell her about the incident next time...

"Aigoo. It shouldn't be that bad... you must have gone the wrong way... you got lost rite?? You ah, clumsy daughter..." Hyesun laughed it off.

"Mom, how's it there?" Hyesun asked.

"Hmm... the usual... Your father playing under the hot sun for hours, attending to his garden... I cleaned up your shelf today. Hyesun can you tell me why do you have to keep 3 boxes of papers?"

"Mom, you didn't throw them away, rite?? They're important to me. You didn't throw rite??" Hyesun panicked.

"I just tidied the place and got rid of the thick dust. I promise, I did not throw you stuff." Her mother tried to calm her down. Somehow, the boxes were always a sensitive topic. Her mother knew Hyesun stored papers in those boxes but never asked what they were.

"Thanks mom. Thank you for helping me clean up and not throwing my things."

"Hmm... How's Mrs. Park? How's the people there?"

"I didn't get to see Mrs. Park today. Her daughter, Jimin said she had to go out of town and will be back. Jimin's sooo cute! She's 4 years younger than me. Then there's her 2 older brothers, Yoohwan and Yoochun. Jimin said one's a boss of a small company and the other's a writer..."

The mother and daughter conversed until Hyesun was nagged to go to bed. Well... she does have a record of waking up late...

No comments:

Post a Comment