Monday, October 29, 2012

An Old Story: A New Project

There was a knock and the door opened to reveal Yongjin.

"Dongjoo, what are you up to now?" Yongjin asked as he sat down in front of his desk.

"Nothing much. Sorting things out. I'm looking for some ideas from these drafts." Dongjoo was flipping through 3 stacks of files.

"Anything I can help? I just finished my tasks yesterday. Got nothing for now." Yongjin said while taking a file and started reading through it.

"Yea... There is... I have a few songs here. Can you help me go through the demos?"

"Sure. Whose are these?"

"Mine. I'm going to use one or two of them for the movie."

"You? A famous superstar actor... and now producer... writing songs?"

"Yeah. I try. Are they that bad?"

"No. Just quite surprised that you've written 8 complete songs."

"I got in some people to help me of course. Anyway, how are they?"

"They're quite good... You mind if I steal this from you?"

"Huh? What is that? Why?"

"This one 'The Kings and Queens'. The song has a dramatic feel. The lyrics are powerful. An addicting chorus. The company's going to debut a new group. I think this song should be perfect for them."

 "Wait a second here. You are thinking of using my song for a rookie group? I'm not a professional or even a proper lyricist. Are you willing to take the risks for this new group?"

"Let me tell you. This song is deep. Just with a little adjusting and refining for the group to synchronize with this song and it'll be a hit. Please? I'll get you the copyrights"

"Okay. Take it."

"Thanks. And these songs here are all good to go. Dongoo, have you ever thought of making an album?"

"Nah. I'm not good at singing at all."

"But you did sang for an OST rite? What was that... that drama... 'The Queen's Revenge'."

"That was 8 years ago. I was a kid."

"It was a good song."

"I'll pass. Besides, I already have new ideas in here." Dongjoo said while pointing to his head.

"I get it." Yongjin gave up in trying to persuade him to get into the singing career.

Yongjin's phone rang and he received a message for a spontaneous meeting.

"Well. I have to go. Looks like we'll have a new major project.

"Why would you say that?"

"Cause this is an unscheduled meeting. Bye. And thanks for the song." Yongjin then left Dongjoo's office.

@@

"Everyone get ready. One more round in 2 minutes." The dance coach said and the 20 students positioned themselves. The music started and they danced another intense routine.

The dance coach observed each and everyone of them. Making sure there are only motivated and hardworking trainees. Her choreographs were very upbeat and intense to train one's endurance. There are also softer or more elegant dances sometimes so that the students can learn to follow the beat and move "like water" or have fluid movements.

She noticed one of her coworkers at the door and approached him.

"Anything sir?"

"Hello Rino. Just passing by. I want to take a peek at the new group too." Yongjin replied while his eyes were fixed on the trainees.

"They're doing good. They have their own style. They kept the original SMP but with an added personality too. They should be fine as long as they keep this up."

"They're going to have to work harder. Not to bash them or anything, but the groups nowadays are all quite strong. They'll need a lot to outshine and stand out."

"Yeah. Couldn't agree more."

"Rino, there's going to be a meeting, did you receive any message?" Yongjin asked and she went and check her phone.

"Yeah. Thanks for notifying me. Wouldn't have known it." Rino smiled. The music ended and the trainees finished their routines.

"Students! The class ends here. I'll see you tomorrow morning at 5am." She said and left with Yongjin to attend the meeting.

"At 5am??"

"I need sleep..."

"I need a bath now..."

"Come on guys, let's go."

The trainees took their stuff and left the room...

...except for one...

No comments:

Post a Comment