Tuesday, August 19, 2014

2d@y

So~ I'm trying this for the first time. I had this photo of a drawing I did in maybe... Form 6. It was on an exam paper or exercise paper... I can't remember... but I had this photo in my computer and I decided to do an experiment on it. 

I had this idea when my cousin sent me a video of her drawing. (Thank you, H) And I thought, maybe this is easier than drawing in "paint" program directly... It took me about two days, (including lots of tetris battle when it had energy) and my eyes were blurry from staring at the computer for such a long time. I couldn't differentiate blue and black at one point. 

It took quite some time to trace out the outline since the original drawing is blurry. I couldn't see any lines at certain parts. Then again, it was a sketch... 

The coloring part took lots of undoing (thank you for the invention of ctrl + U !!!) since I'm using a mouse that's a bit faulty. After the coloring, I was thinking should I do toning but with some tests, and lots of undoing, I decided to leave it that way... the toning would need maybe another day or two... So, I just stopped at plain color.

So the photos below are the progress at different stages. There's not much of a difference because I only started saving at halfway through the process.






How is it?
~Please do tell me~


There was this senior in school that recommended me a software... but I've never used any drawing software besides paint... maybe I'll try it some other day.

:)


1 comment: