Wednesday, August 27, 2014

2d@y

So, it's going to be another semester soon.

New courses
New lecturers
New lessons
New experiences
New juniors

And there's more but my mind is not functioning as well now. It's 3.07 am in the morning and I'm tidying my stuff... and when I mean stuff, I really mean everything random. From books to photos to clothes to shampoo... Yeah, everything random.

These two months of vacation has not been fully relaxing. I've been moving from one place to another. It's as thou my home is just a rest stop for me as I prepare for trips to different places.

It felt so fast when I think of it now. Two months, eight weeks, around 60 days. Yet, It felt like I was running around and time was just running much faster than me. When I finally realise it, I'm already preparing myself for the new term... Time really do fly...

Well... I'm not going to blog about the details of my two month activities... there's too much and I don't really want to put it in the public...

But here's a small summary, depending on how my mind is functioning now.

For the first month, I spent my vacation at a relative's home in Europe. I used home and not house because I really felt like I was living with them. I wasn't just taking a refuge. I was spending time with my cousins and knowing how their lives are. It was really an eye opener, or even more, a culture shock. There was so many things that was different from where I came from... from household to the scenery. I'm a person who looks at random detail so it was a very interesting experience. From the food to the schools to the transport to the scenery to the society... I really hope I can go there again, this time, with my family... perhaps?

On the fifth week, I was at home, taking a short rest and at the same time, having some gatherings here and there with my former classmates. For some of them, I haven't seen them for at least a year and a half. That's quite a long time, for me at least. We chat and found out that even thou we had studied in the same class room just two years ago, everyone had gone on different paths. Some were studying overseas, some were in the north of Malaysia, some at the eastern states... and the stories we shared... even thou all the meetings were short, we got to talk about our current selves as well as thinking back of the memories we had in pre-university.

Sixth week. This was one of the more nerve wrecking week that I had in this eight weeks. I had to go to KL for a volunteer work. While I was there, I would be living with one of the student who is attending the class, also, my "foster family" for the week I was in KL. I took a bus there and met this new friend, XiuJuan who was very friendly. After a small chat, we realise we have quite a lot of similarities. Well, about the volunteer work. I was doing translation for this class, it's called longevitology. It's about improving your health through simple meditation and to also help others through a process called "healing". I have learnt it since I was in secondary school. Anyway, back to the work. I had to do Mandarin to English translation since the teacher was a Taiwanese. The organisers have these headsets that non-Mandarin speakers can use to listen to the translation of the speech. I had to speak through a microphone and then these people can listen through the receiver and understand what the teacher is talking about. It was nerve wrecking because we had a problem with the microphone on the first day. There was loud static while the translation was going on. But it was solved after about an hour later when we switched the microphone. I was also having a bit of a tough time since it was the first time I was doing a full three hour translation. There were words that I couldn't translate because I had forgot about it at that moment. I really hope I had done good enough for the listeners to understand about the topics...

Seventh week I was back at home, resting a bit as I went for gatherings again. This time, we went to Singapore. It was a one day trip as we spent our time in the Singapore Zoo. Besides that, I also got to spend some time with my sister. It was a half day trip to the mall nearby. We did some window shopping and had bubble tea. The time I spent with her will never be enough... I really hope we can go out again next time.

Eighth week. Just like what I was doing in my sixth week, but I was at home. I felt a little better this time since I was a bit more confident in myself. But I was still stuck when I couldn't translate certain terms. "Jaundice" was one of them. I really should read more...

Well... this is a sum up of 2014 holidays.

2 comments:

  1. seems moreeeeeeeeeee fun than what I did. If I blogged abt my holiday, its gonna go repeating, wake up, eat, house chores, eat, reading novel, eat, sleep, wake up and so on. XD hahahaahhaha! HWAITINGG UNNI ON UR NEW SEMESTERRRR~~! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one awesome holiday compared to mine! =D

    ReplyDelete