Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Story Not Told 1: The Truth


It was dinner, just as usual, only the two of them together at the table. However, this time, Prince Edward was restless. Something was bothering him. Princess Snow tried to talk to him but he kept quiet, not even looking at her at all. He was in his own world and Princess Snow was worried about him.

“Prince Edward, is something bothering you?” She tried again after dinner. The two of them were at the balcony, gazing at the twinkling stars above.

Prince Edward sighed to himself. He felt so tired. So tired, because of a secret he had hid from Princess Snow. The feeling of guilty in him was eating him up slowly, painfully. What sort of a man was he? How lucky was he, to have such a beautiful, kind, gentle princess to be beside him… and he lies to her?

“Edward… please, Edward, talk to me.” Princess Snow looked at him with more worry.

“Snow… Princess Snow, I’m sorry…” Prince Edward whispered. He knew, he had to tell her…

“Whatever would you want to apologize for, my prince?” Princess Snow was surprised at how Prince Edward is acting. What has happened to him?

“Princess Snow. I… I have lied to you. I’m sorry…” Prince Edward was now on his knees, tears were now blurring his eyes.

“What on Earth…?” Princess Snow couldn’t utter a thing. What Prince Edward had just told her… what was going on?

“I must tell you the truth.” He was still on his knees, not knowing what to do.

“Please, Prince Edward…” Princess Snow helped him up and led him inside. She made him sit and she poured him a cup of tea.

“I’m not Prince Edward.” Prince Edward said, startling Princess Snow.

“I… I am a slave of the Queen, your stepmother…” The man before Princess Snow said slowly.

“Please, Prince Edward. Do not play such tricks…” Princess Snow said seriously.

“I’m not playing a trick. Please listen to me. I was forced to be a slave… a slave of the Queen. She and Willow, the witch from the west, had cast a spell to make me look like Prince Edward… The Queen wanted revenge, on you, as well as for being banished from the kingdom. The King… the king is not out in the woods hunting, Princess Snow. The King and Prince Edward were taken by her and imprisoned…” He told her as he resisted the pain in his body, the pain that was killing him from the inside.

He felt his bones twisting inside him. His blood rushing as his heart beat wildly. Excruciating pain… was all he felt in his skull. He couldn’t do anything about it. The slave knew the Queen too well. He knew… he was cursed. Once he reveals that he wasn’t the real prince… he knew his life will be ended.

“Princess Snow, I am sorry. What I have done is unforgivable. I am sorry…” He apologized as he took his last breath.

Princess Snow sat beside the now lifeless body. Tears fell as she held him in her arms. He had died a painful death. No matter how badly he had lied to her… he was forced to lie... he was still a human being… he did not deserve to die such a death…

No comments:

Post a Comment