Friday, December 28, 2012

Life Of A Saturn's Agent: Banned From Lab

"Triel, you are called to the office." The secretary came into the lecture hall and called for me. I took my things and was excused to be taken out of the hall. The secretary looked a bit intimidated... maybe it was because it was a long walk from the office to this lecture hall. Besides, she was wearing diamond made heels... which is not really suitable for walking in the first place.

Once we reached the office area, the secretary pointed to the office door as she went back to her desk. Her helper was taking a call as she looked at the note the helper was writing. She looks quite strict...

I faced the door, gulping once... it seemed a lot gigantic than the last time I was here. I took my time relaxing my heartbeat that was affected by my nervousness.

I knocked the door and went in, "Sir?"

He was talking on the cell phone as he waved his hand, signalling me to come in.

Funny... he seemed happy? I admit, I didn't get to hand in my report about carbonated vegetables. I sighed even more thinking about Phie banning me from the lab...

 "Triel." The officer called me as I was kicked out of my mind into the real world.

 "Y..Yes?!" I said a little louder than expected.

"I received the list of trainees from the head class. It seems that you did not hand in this time's report... why?" Taylb, a.k.a "the officer" flipped through the trainee name list.

"I... I was banned from the lab." I said... feeling a tad of fear.

He shook his head as I prepared myself for a long scolding from him.

However... next thing I heard was a chuckled, not a dark and scary one, but a light and nice one.

"Triel... Triel... Triel..." He laughed as I got more confused. What is so funny about being banned from the lab?

"Sir... I can't seem to register what am I doing here..." I said while staring as he laughed more.

"You, trainee, Triel... has been offered a fast track. You are going to be an agent on probation." Taylb said with the authority tone.

"Huh?" I wasn't sure if I heard properly, an agent?? Chaehyun did complain that I tend to hear stuff people don't say.

"You are a probational agent now. We are now having a new program, selecting some trainees to go on field as probational agents. You will be in our first batch. You could say that you're being promoted in a way." Taylb smiled as I gave him a blank look.

"Are you sure?" I asked to be absolutely sure that I have no hearing problems.

"Yes. I'll be assigning your first mission. Meet me a few hours later when I call you. Be sure to not be late." Taylb said and later shoved me out of the office as I was too stunned to move at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment