Monday, June 11, 2012

Familiar Not

The resemblance
It’s impossible
And yet
He is sitting there
Doing homework with a bunch of other students
How is it…
Coincidence,
Yeah, that’s it.

I couldn’t help but to take another look
The face
The eyes
The same old hairstyle
That smile
He looks exactly the same

No
He said he wouldn’t come back
He left
Forever
He promised
That he wouldn’t meddle with my life again

Hyesun, why are you staring at that guy?
Eileen asked me

No reason
I shrugged
Yet my eyes were fixed on him

Come on, let’s go meet!
Eileen pulled me before I could stop her

In a second
We were in front of him

I mentally gulped
Shoot, Eileen!
I screamed in my head

Hi! I was wondering
Do you have a girlfriend now?
Eileen asked
Very straight forwardly

Umm… No?
He answered
A surprised and dumbfounded face

Are you free this Tuesday night?
Eileen asked again
Gleaming

Yeah, I’m free.
He gave a short answer

Please do me a small favor. Bring her to the movies, okay?
Eileen showed an okay sign

Sure.
He said and smiled at me
Of course,
Shy me
I turned away

Here’s her number, call her!
Eileen handed him a small piece of paper
I tried to snatch it away
But failed miserably

Nice meeting you!
Eileen said and dragged me away

Great,
Now I have a date?!
Eileen… I hate you for being you…

2 comments: