Thursday, August 23, 2012

Another Splash: Kem Kaizen

28 June 2012 Thursday ~ 30 June 2012 Saturday

first day

went deep into the hilly areas filled with palm trees
there was a not so small but not that big
village looking military site
Kem Kaizen

As everyone gathered
introductions were made
a few coaches/trainers
a few familiar faces
others new

backpacks were searched quite thoroughly
someone brought something forbidden

everyone got punished

everyone laid on the ground
then turning left and right
until our hairs were filled with sands and stones

then we were told to waddle like ducks
and later
crawl(?) army style into the spiky nettings and muddy waters
then slide down into the lake of muddy looking water
seriously
they did have a slide made of cement

after we climbed out of the water
we were drenched in our JPAM uniforms
all muddy as well

then we had to take our backpacks and luggage
and walk up and down the steep roads to our dorms

skip skip

learned about the emergency siren
that was used during a war
there were 3 types

what to do
how to react
drop down  XD
place both hands over head
to protect it from harm
and cross both your legs
I have no idea why yet

then we were divided into maybe 10 groups?
one group has either 10 or 11 people
we were given a white cloth
to design our flag
I was in kiwi
we had the name dragon fruit but another group took it
then we had to think about the vision, mission and our goal

the siren suddenly went off
everyone rushed to get a spot
but
out of 110 students
only 12 survived
others were caught as hostages
and forced to lie down on the road with their hands on their heads
I got caught as well
after getting lectured in that position
our arms were sore and the sun had burnt the surface of our elbows

skip skip

at night
had presentations by group
about the flag that we drew
and its meanings
and the vision mission
and goals

then after 12 night
we were told to blindfold ourselves
and later lead to somewhere
and asked to sit down
as much as I want to experience the real thing
I was tired
and dozed off at a point

after maybe an hour?
I seriously don't know how long we were blindfolded
then we were asked to take it off
I was sitting inside an empty room
the coach said that it was a place to take cover during an attack?

he then explained
imagine if you were suddenly caught and brought to a certain place
you were knocked out and tied up
when you wake up
your vision is still blurry
like when you were blindfolded
what are you suppose to do?
steady yourself and learn to keep calm
examine where you are
only then you decide what to do

after that we were lead to the gathering place
we were told to lie down
closing our eyes with the same cloth

when everyone was back
we were led to another area
the coach said that we are going to climb the mountain
alone
at night
with no torchlight whatsoever
only a rope will be guiding us

one person at a time
we waited
some slept
some chatted away
some meditate
some just sat there and kept quiet

it was already about an hour or more
I went in
the climb was seriously steep
and I slipped a few times
but I grabbed the rope really tightly
cause
seriously
I can't see much and I don't like climbing mountains AT NIGHT ALONE

climbed up
climbed down
reached checkpoint
and slept soundly
on the cold concrete floor

when we woke up
it was about 6 o'clock in the morning
our legs ached so badly that we had to help each other

skip skip

gaming session
not meaning the innocent fun one
but the thrilling one
like in the army
with swinging tires, Tarzan swings, rocking bridge, ropes, monkey bars, floating on a wooden box thingy, bridge again, jumping on tires, putting mud on your face
yeah, we did half of it
and continued it the next day because it was late

skip skip

had a face mask session
using mud from the lake
went hiking
with the face mask hardening
pretty scary at some slopes cause there was no rope whatsoever
saw leeches
reached a rocky area or peak
got to see a scenery at a very very very very high place
then walked back down

continued the gaming thing from the day before

skip skip

got blind folded again and placed at somewhere and sat there for a few hours
at night
tired
slept unconsciously
while in a sitting position

skip skip

do morning exercise
pumping, star jumps
too exhausted
yet we were told to do more

some continued
others stood there trying to ignore
another bunch gave up and went into the lake
for an early swim
I was in the lake
and my shoulder bone ached after awhile
looks like it's not healed since a few months ago

anyway
we got out after being called
got a lecture
then had to do another gaming session
with another set of army games
climbing tires
I got scared and couldn't get down
I was going to cry already
seriously
heights and adrenaline
are not my thing
then we had to climb the nets
I tried to do it quickly
and got my friend calling me to be careful and slow down
I was shaking like crazy
but in the end
yeah, I got through it

skip skip

closing ceremony
many many girls cried
I was okay at first
but since my friends were crying waterfalls
my tears were starting to run around the eyeballs
I didn't cry out thou
yeah for me
I guess?
the boys were just standing there
most of them were just looking at us like
what's going on? why do you have to cry? are we in the right place?
yeah, the whole scene was just so funny

Had lunch

photo session

went back home
bus was old and not very nice
but since we were so tired
we slept the whole way

3 days 2 nights
got tortured
but
we've learned a lot
one way or another

:)

4 comments:

  1. this is loooonnggg!!!!! Hahaa! But I manage to read it! Your form 6 kem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus, you brought back my lost memory, seriously, enjoying when reading, miss those day though, but, "not again" ><

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I saw this accidently ~ nice memory...but really ~ not again! hahaha

    ReplyDelete