Friday, August 10, 2012

The First Step (2)

"Take a deep breath girl, stay calm." Hyesun said mentally and tried to calm down her fast-beating heart.

"Observe your situation." She recalled her father teaching her.

Scanning her surrounding, there were trees, trees... and the car in front of her... the driver coming out of the car.

"O dear... I knocked someone's car... trouble..." Hyesun's mind was replaying those words.

The driver walked past his own car coming towards mine.

"Really? Hyesun, just one day out of your hometown and you get into a car accident?!?" Hyesun was now mentally scolding herself. "Now that guy is going to be pissed off and you'll have to pay money to get the car fixed..."

The guy was now a few feet away. Hyesun got out of the car. She knew she has to be a responsible person. Mentally scolding herself wasn't going to help that either.

She was staring at her car window, thinking what to say as the guy came closer.

"Miss? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" The guy asked with a very worried tone.

"I'm okay..." She was startled since she didn't expect the guy to be asking if she's okay. She knew, legally, she was wrong. She had been to close to the car in front of her.

"That's great. Thank goodness." He said in relieve.

"Um... about the car... I'm sorry. I'll... I'll pay for the damage." She said but the guy waved it off.

"No need. It's my fault. I should be apologizing. I wasn't concentrating... Let me pay for the damage. Your car also needs to be fixed. Both of our cars are  dented lightly. I'm heading to Seoul. It's about 30 minutes away. There's this center that my friend has that can repair the dent really quick. It'll be done in half a day. Follow my car?" The guy said in one breath.

"I'm going to Seoul as well. I'll follow your car sir. Thank you very much. Umm Mr. ...?"

"Do Kyungsoo, or D.O for short." He smiled, slightly relaxed compared to just awhile ago.

"I'm Hyesun. Nice to meet you Kyungsoo."

No comments:

Post a Comment