Monday, August 20, 2012

The First Step (3)

"That's my friend. He's the boss, as well as the best mechanic in town." D.O said as the two approached a muscular guy with slightly messy hair. Even thou there were grease and patches of black soot, his handsomely carved face and features still awed Hyesun.

"Hey D.O! And who is this lady here?" D.O's friend came to greet him and then switched his sight to Hyesun.

"She's Hyesun. Hyesun, he's Siwon... hyung.

"Nice to meet you, Hyesun." Siwon said charismatically and gave a big smile.

"Emm... Hyung, we had a small accident. Car is dented..."

"So you come to visit your hyung only when you are in trouble?" Siwon turned to D.O and said with a pout.

"Hyung, I'm busy lately. I got stuff to do..." D.O defended himself while following Siwon who walked to the counter to get a logbook.


Hyesun stood there and looked at the mechanic center. It was full of staffs and customers and their cars. People were constantly busying themselves. It was quite a sight. The mechanic center at her hometown was only a small shop with a boss and 2 teenagers as helpers while this place... it was many times bigger than the small shop.

@@

"...and could you do some checking for the cars? Like the engines and all...?" D.O said while following Siwon around the place.

"Sorry man. Today business is booming like crazy! I can't promise that your car can be repaired by today." Siwon said as he checked his schedules.

"Really can't?" D.O asked to confirm.

"Really can't. There's about 15 cars with appointment. Not to mention the 8 more that came in the past 2 hours. And the 12 more since morning. My hands are tied already. But I can promise you that it'll be done by tomorrow  afternoon." Siwon said and showed the list of cars brought in today. It was three times the customers they had on a usual day.

"Aigoo..." D.O could only sigh. The next mechanic was a few streets away... the traffic is crazy at this hour... besides... that owner is pretty mean and is always shouting at someone. Would you dare to go there!?

Seeing his friend all blank and doe eyed. Siwon took his car key out and handed it to D.O.

"Huh? What's this hyung?" D.O asked.

"That? That is my car key. I'll borrow you and you can leave your cars here. That's also my last resort." Siwon said while checking on one of the cars.

"Thank you..."

"Now run along. I have crazy jobs to finish in less than a few hours. See you tomorrow at 2 then."

@@

"Hyesun?"

"Hmm? Umm... Kyungsoo, there's so many cars... Not to doubt you but... is it even possible our cars can be fixed so fast?" Hyesun asked.

"Sorry, I gave you false hope. Siwon hyung said the cars will only be done by tomorrow afternoon."

"It's okay..."

"He lend me his car. Where are you going? I'll drive you there?" D.O also handed her Siwon's business card and the receipt so that she can take her car after it's been repaired.

"I'm going to this place." She gave a piece of paper to him and on it was an address.

"Daehak-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul."

@@

The two were inside Siwon's car. It was well... classy... real classy...

"How much do you think this costs?" Hyesun asked. She couldn't close her mouth at all.

"I have no idea... He's got a few add-ons and they kinda cost a lot. Maybe it's more than a million?" D.O was taking care that he don't make even a tiny scratch.

As he drove, his heart kept thumping. The stress of handling such a luxurious car...

"Daehak-dong, Gwanak-gu..." D.O was looking for the signboard as he drove.

"That one rite?" Hyesun said while pointing to a small signboard.

"That's it! Luckily you saw it. Or else we're going to get lost. I've went past this signboard once and got myself lost for a few hours."

"I've tried being lost for the whole day in a field of plantation. It was fun thou." Hyesun said while giggling to herself.

"Seriously? How did you get out?" D.O was so astonished.

"I don't remember... I think I walked continuously for a few hours until suddenly my house just appeared in front of me."

"Aigoo... is it possible you were walking in circles?" D.O asked, laughing a bit.

"Don't remember... never occurred to me... is it possible?" Hyesun asked him back.

"I don't know..."

"I think you should concentrate more on driving more than about that walking in circles question." Hyesun said when she noticed D.O thinking hard. She don't want him to be careless rite? Especially after their small accident...

@@

After a 40 minute drive, they finally reached a residential area.

"I think it's the next street after this traffic light." Hyesun said while reading the signboards.

"Okay. Turning left... and right... and right... Is this the place?" D.O asked as her stopped the car.

"I think so... let me check... yeah, this is the place. Thank you so much Kyungsoo." Hyesun said and went to get her luggage.

"Goodbye Hyesun." D.O waved.

"Bye!" She waved back enthusiastically.
 
D.O then drove off, only after he saw Hyesun entering the lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment