Sunday, June 12, 2011

An Old Story 002: A Conversation

Mom sat down at his table as I went to the kitchen. I couldn't hear what they are doing.

How did mom know that guy? But then, she was from Korea. Now that I think of it, he looks really familiar.

Oops! I took the cocoa powder! Aish, I drifted away again.

"Looks like someone isn't paying any attention!"

I turned to my right to see Alen being scolded by the cook, Fakri. I guess he burnt the egg again.

I served the coffee to mom and Dongjoo. I think I heard him saying becoming a producer?

"Erin, could you come here and teach him how to cook an egg?"

"Coming." Looks like Fakri still has a few dishes to prepare while Alen was panicking with the salt.

@@@@@ @@@@@

"Long time no see. So...how are you?" Dongjoo said with a weak smile.

"I'm good. I've open my own restaurant. You? Is it tough in the industry?" She asked with a worry tone.

"I'm still doing okay. I get to pay my bills on time. I'm starting to aim for producer."

"That's good, I guess" She was very quiet.

"Seohyun, I hope you don't mind me asking, Erin..." She shook her head and sipped her coffee.

"Erin's my adopted daughter. I saw the news, your getting married huh? Congratulations! I'm happy for you.

"To tell you the truth, I don't even have a girlfriend. The beautiful girl you saw was an arrangement by my parents. They said I was too immersed in my career and should get married. Omma dragged me to blind dates. I was very busy and told them to choose the girl they like. But I never knew they were going to arrange a marriage. Mianhae, I talked too much."

She laughed. "I guess you feel lighter now that you've talked about it."

He smiled brightly while looking at her.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! That was really impressive!!!! UNNI!!UNNI!! continue the story ....continue!!!! i want to read more!!!!! Dongjoo uh?!! Hahahah!!! update update more!!! more~~~ sorry!! talking random again..but i still love ur story on that engagement thing!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete