Thursday, June 23, 2011

An Old Story 007: More Than A Cup Of Coffee

"What am I going to do now?" Jaegyu asked himself.

He has been sitting at the table for half an hour and has already finished 2 cups of coffee. To add to it, he also finished reading the book he brought from home.

He looked around. Some people were using the internet while others were relaxing or having conversations. The atmosphere was very peaceful.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Sorry to bother, but is this seat taken?"

Jaegyu understood what the voice was saying and felt too happy. He hadn't talked to anyone since yesterday. Out of nowhere, he hears his language in this foreign country.

He turned to see a girl holding her netbook. He shook his head and as gracefully as the swan, she sat down.

"I'm Vivian." Her voice was mesmerizing.

"Nice to meet you Vivian. I'm Jaegyu." He looks at her. She seems to be a local university student but she has this mysterious aura.

"Yah! Stop looking at her!" Jaegyu was thinking to himself. She looks so beautiful thou.

"Just wondering, where did you learn Korean?" Jaegyu wondered how did she spoke it so fluently.

"I'm taking classes. Did I say something wrong?" Vivian sounded a bit worried.

"No. You are very good at the language." He said it immediately.

She called the waiter.

"I'd like a cup of green tea, please." The waiter nodded and left.

"If only I could speak a little English." Jaegyu mumbled to himself after that.

"I could teach you a bit. And you could teach me Korean too." Vivian said to him as she looked him in the eyes.

She has such hypnotizing eyes. Jaegyu smiled and agreed.

They talked about the different cultures around the world. Vivian's green tea was served and Jaegyu offered to pay for it.

"Thank you." Vivian said shyly.

"I should be the one to say thank you. We had a nice conversation. I haven't been talking to anyone for a whole day because I got lost. I couldn't speak the local language too."

Suddenly, Vivian's phone rang. She answered it. Jaegyu couldn't understand a word she said because she was talking very fast.

After awhile, she finished her phone conversation and looked at her watch.

"I'm sorry, I have to go for a class." She stood up and thanked him again for the tea.

"Umm...Could you give me your number? So I can contact you for my English classes?"

"Sure." She smiled and took out her phone. They exchanged their numbers.

She left in a rush. Jaegyu looked as she left, her long silky hair swiftly flowing in the wind.

HAHA @_@
annyeonghaseyo--안녕하세요--hello
yah--
야아--yah

No comments:

Post a Comment