Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cut Scene: Nick and Jena

"Headache..." She told me, her eyes were still shut tightly. I pulled the curtains to stop the sunlight from blinding her eyes.

I had laid a small tray of breakfast at the dressing table in front of the bed. She still had her eyes closed even after sitting up. Her hair was a mess and she was still in her party dress. She was a mess. I warned her about getting herself sick yesterday night. But did she listen? No...

"Come on, drink." I passed her a glass of warm water.

"Thank you." She said smiling a bit but her eyes were still not opened.

"Come here, you have to get up now." I dragged her and carried her off the bed, making her stand up.

"Can I stay in bed today?" She pleaded and I gave her a cold no.

"You have class and a job. Now go get yourself cleaned up. You look horrible." I said while handing her a towel and shoving her into the toilet.

The phone downstairs rang and I rushed downstairs to answer it.

"Hello?" I was panting a bit and tried my best to control it.

"Hello. I'm Cassie, a representative from Jellies Art School. I'm looking for... Nick?" The caller on the other side had a smooth but commanding voice.

"I... I am. Yeah, I'm Nick." He stuttered a bit, wondering if his mind is still sane. He had went to this interview a few months ago and didn't receive any reply, nothing. At least, until now.

"We are happy to inform you that you have been accepted by the school. Sir, when can you start? Is next Friday okay?" Cassie told him the big news.

"Umm... Yeah. I'll start next Friday." He checked the calendar and agreed to it.

"Okay. The schedules and forms will be e-mailed to you. Please make sure to fill in the forms and bring the necessary documents. Is there any questions?" Cassie asked after giving the basic information.

"Nothing. Thank you Cassie." Nick said.

"That is all for now. Have a nice day sir." The phone call ended after that.

"Who was it?" I heard her voice and saw her all cleaned up and tidy. Finally, her eyes were open.

"I got accepted by the Jellies Art School." I smiled at her as her eyes widen.

"Really? Congratulations!" She said and gave me a hug.

"But that doesn't mean that I'll stop reprimanding you for yesterday night." I said sternly.

"I'm sorry... " She trailed off and started biting her lips.

"How is your headache?" I asked her.

"Not so much already." She said quietly.

"Go get an aspirin if you need it, okay?" I patted her head.

"Okay..." Guilt was written all over her face.

"I'm going out to get some groceries. You need anything?" I asked while taking my car keys.

"Emm... No."

"Bye." I got out of the house and went inside the car.

"Hmm... Jena... how am I going to be angry at you when your face makes me feel guilty?" I asked myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment