Thursday, February 17, 2011

4 Days Before 20th

Yup, just four days before 20th of February, we finally got the chance to go to the CSI Exhibition. The first time I saw the commercial on TV, I pretty much freaked out at 12 midnight. CSI was on top of my Must Watch List ever since Primary 6. I really wondered what is the exhibition about, how fun it would be if I ever have the chance to go, but I never actually thought of going there. Let's just say, I hesitate a lot when it's about requesting something from my parents.

Soon after that, we had our exams. It was during that time, Kim told me about planning to go there. The plan was to go there after finishing the final paper. That was in December. But after the paper, because it was the holidays, each of us had things to do, well, maybe Kim only. I was having a family vacation. So the trip was dragged to January, which was later dragged to after the Lunar New Year.

Finally on the 16th of February, we went to the Singapore Science Center for the CSI Exhibition. I wasn't on hyperactive mode, or I would have been running around or jumping and stuff. As soon as we got the tickets, there was what I would call a "briefing session" through a recorded video from the supervisor. There were 3 cases reported and we're suppose to investigate either one of it.

We went and did the first case, then after completing it, we went for the second and third as well. It took us 1.5 hours for the first case, but I can't remember if I ever asked Kim about how long did it took us for the other 2 cases. It was mainly using the computers for analysis, tests, and hypothesis. Unlike Kim, it took me a long time to get used to the touchscreen.

There was no time limit, so we took our own sweet time wandering at the exhibition. From the CSI series, it lead me to liking science, helping me quite a lot in my biology classes. I admit, I daydream too much in class, but if I ever hear or read a familiar word in class that would link to the show, I'd actually listen intently even when the warm temperature in the lab makes people feel drowsy or sweaty. I really like what was shown at the exhibition and would want to go for a second round. But, (the fussy side) I believed that it could have been a lot more detailed. Hey, you can't get everything!!

Anyway, after that, we went for a little walk through the Science Center and later had our late lunch at four. Then, we went on the MRT to AMK, where we met Kim's relatives and had dinner. There was also dessert, at a shop that sells everything chocolate. It was just pure indulgence and luxury. Welcome to the world of chocolate?

After that, we stayed up late, Kim playing on the internet, me stealing away her book reading, also, both watching TV. Did we slept at 2? I can't remember. We went back to Johor on the 17th.

Because of our sweet Ngoh wanting to have tea(?) we did just that after a short rest at Kim's house. Both of us, Ngoh, gran gran and appa went to Old Town, called beverages, and talked for maybe 2 hours? After that, Kim sent us home.

This trip to SG with Kim, is also my first trip there without my family. Kim being the independent one lead the whole way as I followed. Without her, I'd never be able to have this trip, or even if I could have this trip, I'd probably be lost.
So, to my dearest Kira, thank you so much!!!
Sorry too, for depending on you too much.

Once again, thank you unnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment